Re: [leafnode-list] Downloading only some groups from a slow server

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) wrote:

> I would simply add the French server(s) to the config file behind the
> Taiwan server.

    That's what I did.

> When fetchnews is invoked the next time, it will retrieve a list of
> all groups from the server(s) and furthermore retrieve articles from
> the groups that you are already reading but which are not present on
> the Taiwan server.

    That's not what I want :-). What I want is to fetch just SOME
groups that were not in the Taiwan servers, I don't really care if
there are articles missing from the Taiwanese side : I'll get them
later. Would putting a ! in front of the newsgroups I'm not interested
in in /var/spool/news/leaf.node/my.news.server be sufficient ?

> What fetchnews cannot do is to fetch only certain articles from groups.
> You could try to employ the filterfile for that, but the selection
> possibilities are (so far) fairly crude.

    Showtime for something like guile or librep ?

    Georges.
--
 Georges KO, Taipei                                              gko@xxxxxxx
                                        Jour 3 de la semaine 20 de l'an 2000