Re: [leafnode-list] newby fetchnews problem

Ross Slade wrote:

> I'm using Tin (tin -g localhost) and it works fine except when starting or
> rescanning (ctrl Y), it fails to detect new news items. I have to actually go
> into each newsgroup to see if there is anything new there. Any idea why that
> would be so?

It indicates that either the groupinfo file is not updated properly or
that the .overview files in the newsgroups are not updated properly.
One possible explanation is that fetchnews crashes (which it shouldn't).
The .overview files are updated automatically as soon as a group is
entered for reading (as you have observed).

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */