Re: [leafnode-list] fetchnews downloads latest articles first?

Bjorn Halvor Solberg <bhso@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This causes the latest messages to end up with lower (local) article
> numbers than older messages, and that's how they show up in the browser
> too.

This is a problem of your newsreader. That's why I recommend using a
good newsreader program like tin, not something crappy like pine etc.
These programs will use threading and not use the article numbers for
sorting.

> Is there a way to make fetchnews get the older articles first, up to the
> newest, so that older articles will end up with a lower number than newer
> articles (which is the intuitive way)?

A while ago a patch for fetchnews was posted to this list which achieves
that. I don't know whether it works with 1.9.14 though.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */