Re: [leafnode-list] Getting slrn to see any groups.

Gary Taylor wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am setting up Leafnode ( Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.12 running at
> localhost.localdomain) for the first time and cannot seem to get slrn (Version: 0.9.5.7) to see the groups so I can subscribe to them. I am not sure if it is slrn or Leafnode that I have misconfigured.
> I suspect Leafnode because when I go in to slrn and do an "L" , "*", I can see  the /var/spool/news directory.  But I don't see any groups.  I am able to populate a groupinfo file.  Below are some shots that I hope will be useful in getting any advice someone might have.

Try first:  telnet localhost 119
to see if your NNTP Daemon is working.

If yes, the problem comes from your slrn configuration file.
- Copy the original /usr/lib/slrn/slrn.rc as .slnrc in your home directory.

- change the read_active flag to 1:
set read_active 1

- don't uncomment lines concerning the 'Local spool configuration'.

- read the SLRN faq.

h.t.h.