Re: [leafnode-list] Getting slrn to see any groups.

On Fri, Jun 09, 2000 at 08:57:52PM -0700, Gary Taylor wrote:

[Please wrap your lines at 80 coulumns]

> item 10 for Leafnode mention putting this:

> leafnode: ALL EXCEPT LOCAL

> into /etc/hosts.deny. I did that and my /etc/hosts.allow is empty. That entry
> was what caused my problem.  As soon as I took out the above entry I was
> working.  As I understand this the only host that would be able to use leafnode is localhost.
> As in deny leafnode: for ALL EXCEPT LOCAL.

You *need* the above line in hosts.deny to prevent other systems
using your Leafnode (well, you could firewall instead but I guess you're
not doing that).  hosts.allow should have something like:

leafnode: 127.0.0.1

Not doing something to prevent remote systems using your leafnode is a
serious security problem.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/