Re: [leafnode-list] Okay I'm confused.

On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 09:43:08AM -0500, Nick Zentena wrote:

> message.id/###/ seems full of messages

> But for example
> /var/spool/news/comp/os/linux/misc

> 	is also full of the messages.  Is that normal?  Or am I just
> confused-)

That's perfectly normal - Leafnode does this so that it can find
messages by both group/article number and message ID equally easily.  If
you look you'll see that all the copies of the article are hardlinked
together so the only extra disk space that's being used is that for the
directory entries.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/