Re: [leafnode-list] Okay I'm confused.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 09:43:08AM -0500, Nick Zentena wrote:
>
> > message.id/###/ seems full of messages
>
> > But for example
> > /var/spool/news/comp/os/linux/misc
>
> > 	is also full of the messages.  Is that normal?  Or am I just
> > confused-)
>
> That's perfectly normal - Leafnode does this so that it can find
> messages by both group/article number and message ID equally easily.  If
> you look you'll see that all the copies of the article are hardlinked
> together so the only extra disk space that's being used is that for the
> directory entries.

	To be honest I checked and didn't see any links. I sort of
figured that would be the right way to do but got confused when I
didn't see any. Now that I've moved message.id to a new filesystem
fetchnews is complaing about

Jun 24 13:00:10 barley fetchnews[964]: error linking /var/spool/news/message.id/364/<394E3BF2.210369A2@xxxxxxxxx> into comp.os.linux.networking: Invalid cross-device link
Every message gets basically the same error [different newsgroups etc
but the same message]

	Is there any easy fix? Right now I'm just going to go back to
having message.id on the same paration. What's the best way to spilt
things between two different filesystems? Can I? FWIW I upgraded to
1.9.14
Thanks

Nick

 --
Nick Zentena
"The Linux issue," Wladawsky-Berger explained, "is whether this is a