Re: [leafnode-list] romoving groups quickly?

Hello W.

Mark Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 05:49:14PM -0500, John A. Perry wrote:
>
> > What's the best way to cause leafnode to completely forget about a
> > particular newsgroup and not pick it up on any subsequent runs of
> > fetchnews?
>
> Delete the appropriate file in /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/

Don't forget to unsubscribe *before* removing the group.
Any read attempt will *re-create* the file:
'/var/spool/news/interesting.groups/group_name' without warning.

It is also safer to remove the entire directory in the spool.
e.g. If your group name is: 'my.group.to.remove'

rm -f /var/spool/news/my/group/to/remove/*
rm -f /var/spool/news/my/group/to/remove/.overview
rmdir /var/spool/news/my/group/to/remove      (in most cases)

You can also use applyfilter to do that, but this is not not
straightforward. :<
This would be an interesting option to add !

oTr