Re: [leafnode-list] romoving groups quickly?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cornelius Krasel" <krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] romoving groups quickly?

> [...]
>    If you are somewhat impatient and want to immediately stop fetchnews
>    retrieving articles from a certain group, delete the appropriate file
>    in the directory /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/ .
> %snip
>
> Any suggestions to make it more intelligible are welcome.

What about a shell-script, something like "killgroup alt.bla.fas", in future
releases?

Does texpire delete any old articles in "removed" groups?

In which cases do leafnode, fetchnews or texpire
restore a missing /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/
file? (Yes, it happens. And, yes, I'm using 1.9.15 ;-)

- Ulrich