Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode and Gnus

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000 01:26:05 +0200 (CEST), Cornelius Krasel wrote:

>Mads Villadsen wrote:
>
>> I use Gnus 5.8.7 and leafnode 1.9.14, and I have trouble actually
>> reading the correct articles. I am using delaybody, and I think this
>> is what is causing the problem. I have tried disabling the cache in
>> Gnus (using (setq gnus-use-cache nil)), but that doesn't help.
>
>It's in getbody(). There the original article is unlinked and a
>new article is written. Sorry, no patch from me today. The problem
>is that you cannot simply append the body to the headers, because
>the headers always have a default body. This could probably be
>fixed by patching the nntpd as well so that it inserts a default
>body for articles which consist only of headers (yuck).

I couldn't find a hit of the default boy in any header-only
file and nntp seems to append a auto generated body
for boldyless articles or did I missread the src?

The appended patch does the required changes for getbody
in leafnode  1.9.16. It opens the already existing header file
and appends the body without rewriting / relinking the
existing files in other newsgroups.

Please, don't use this patch if any other newsreader than gnus
is using your leafnode or they will be very unhappy.

Bye

Volker

--
Volker Apelt               Group of Prof. Dr. Ch. Griesinger
                           Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitaet