Re: [leafnode-list] second - Server

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 10:02:03PM +0200, Martin Klaffenb?ck wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I read that Leafnode takes just the news from the second server,
> which dont exist on the first one.
>
> But my leafnode always makes "considering articles" from the groups
> which are already fetched from the first server.
>
> How can I stop this?

Maybe I misunderstand your problem, but I think everything is working ok.

Leafnode does take just the groups that are on the 2nd server and not the
first, it takes ALL of the articles that are on the 2nd server and not the
first.

When it's "considering articles", it's looking to see if you already have
them.  Most likely you do, but it is still checking, just to make sure.

What Leafnode is doing is XHDR Message-ID lowwater-highwater and taking
that output and seeing what you do or don't need.  It's not really
refetching articles that you already have.

If you are really concerned about not even doing those look ups (perhaps
you're on a very expensive connection and don't want to waste even the
little bit of time it takes to check that), then you might consider looking
at nntpcache, either on it's own, or in between leafnode and your servers.

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all