Re: [leafnode-list] ANNOUNCEMENT: leafnode 1.9.16ma1

Mark Brown schrieb am Mittwoch, den 09. August 2000:

> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 07:13:46PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
> > PCRE is easily installed, and a list that goes like this:
>
> It's not a question of how hard it really is, it's a question of how
> scared and intimidated users get when you ask them to do it.

You cannot have a slay-every-problem-with-one-command package that suits
user's needs. Users need to understand that what libraries are for, and
that reusing libraries is a good thing, and that re-using PCRE for other
applications may save them hassle in the future.

Again, I think it could be useful if it was not PCRE, though, at the
moment, I'd prefer Cornelius' approach of offering a leafnode package
and a leafnode+pcre package. "If you don't know which to choose, get
leafnode+pcre". However, packagers should be obliged to distribute PCRE
separately, for obvious reasons.