Re: [leafnode-list] ANNOUNCEMENT: leafnode 1.9.16ma1

Mark Brown wrote:

> Having said all that, I tend to agree with you that it would be much
> more elegant not to include PCRE in the Leafnode distribution.  The only
> issue is support and scaring away users - "install this library" is very
> much scarier for a lot of Leafnode's target audience than what happens
> at present.

One semi-obvious way out of this dilemma would be to offer two source
tarballs: one with the libpcre source in it (which is the way it is
handled e.g. in tin) and one without the libpcre sources. One would
have to modify "make dist" accordingly which should not be too
difficult.

(However, don't expect me to re-package all the old versions :-)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */