Re: [leafnode-list] Dummy messages in Newsgroups not fetched by

On Tue, Aug 08, 2000 at 11:06:10AM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> 3) the directory for the group exists but the article number requested
>    does not AND the article number requested is the only article in the
>    group.
>
> The third condition should strike if a newsgroup is unsubscribed and
> all articles are expired.

I have NEVER seen this condition happen.

The groupinfo file never registers a new article, so the newsreader never
has a reason to go into that group and look for that only article.  Under
what conditions should that only article number be generated?

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all