Re: [leafnode-list] Errors running Fetchnews

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> This error seems to occur quite often recently. It appears that some
> articles contain NUL bytes which cause the getaline() function to
> go into an endless loop.
>
> The following patch, written by Matthias Andree, may cure the problem.
> I have not tested it myself because I have not encountered the problem
> so far. If it works for you (or anybody else) I would appreciate some
> feedback.

When I developed that patch back at 1.9.2's time (quite close to 1 year
ago), I had core files to test, so give them a shot ;-)

As I said to Cornelius, this patch is from 1.9.2-ma3, and I don't recall
how well tested it was. I'd also appreciate feedback.

I have looked into my other source trees, but need some more research on
my unreleased 1.9.3 patches that were overcome by 1.9.4 at that time,
and my 1.9.2-ma3 getaline patches somehow did not make it in 1.9.4 and
my last 1.9.4-ma patches; I have regretfully omitted to document my
changes at that time.

I apologize for not looking close enough after getting these patches
tested and in last year.

WARNING: the patches are outdated and are for outdated software. Some
leafnode versions from that time are known to have Y2k difficulties. Try
Cornelius' patch on the recent version and report success, flames,
whatever.

The old, outdated leafnode patches (some for 1.9.2, 1.9.4 and 1.9.9)
reside at:

http://home.pages.de/~mandree/leafnode.html

CURRENTLY, they are available also via FTP from:

ftp://krusty.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/people/ma/leafnode/

--
Matthias Andree

                Where do you think you're going today?