Re: [leafnode-list] Secure posting?

In previous mail, Karen Nakamura spouted...

> Hi -
>
> I just found my /spool/news/out.going directory terribly, terribly bloated.
> It was about a megabyte in size (just the directory file), I'm not sure
> what caused it to bloat so much (as ls seemed to croak even trying to ls
> it). Anyway, I deleted it.
>
> I'm worried that having an open nntp server is asking for trouble. Is there
> any way to secure leafnode so that logins are required for posting?

	I run leafnode under tcpd, limiting access to readers to my
	internal network only.  Example /etc/inetd.conf line:

nntp    stream  tcp     nowait  news    /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/sbin/leafnode

	Sample /etc/hosts.allow line:

leafnode:       1.2.3.4

	(replace 1.2.3.4 with your host address or address/mask pair)

							John

--
"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each
man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man