[leafnode-list] Secure posting?

Hi -

I just found my /spool/news/out.going directory terribly, terribly bloated.
It was about a megabyte in size (just the directory file), I'm not sure
what caused it to bloat so much (as ls seemed to croak even trying to ls
it). Anyway, I deleted it.

I'm worried that having an open nntp server is asking for trouble. Is there
any way to secure leafnode so that logins are required for posting?

Karen