Re: [leafnode-list] A new articles problem

Rodrigo Reyes wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>  I am meeting an odd problem with leafnode 1.9.14. I am using linux
>  Mandrake 7.1 with glibc 2.1.2.
>
>  The first fetchnews works correctly, it fetches all the
>  newsgroups. Then I select some newsgroups, fetch them, nothing wrong
>  until there.
>
>  At that point, when I fetch new news on a newsgroup I have already
>  fetched, fetchnews works correctly, but no new message appears in the
>  news reader. After some time and some other tests using fetchnews, I
>  can see /some/ articles of /some/ newsgroups (but not all) appear,
>  while other newsgroups appear like not having new newsgroups. I'll
>  try to show that (but it does not seem deterministic, which make it
>  hard to describe).

I had a simillar odd problem with the current leafnode this week.

I've been using it for a while with no problems. On Thursday I
downloaded my news as normal, then run texpire -f to force expiry.

I read one newsgroup with Netscape with no problems, then switched to
another that supposedly only contained one messge (a very low traffic
newsgroup). This newsgroup contained one message the day before, and I
believe that texpire could have expired that message too. No messages
were actually in that group. The same occurred on every subsequent
newsgroup I visited with netscape either then or when I relaunched
netscape.

It seems that every newsgroup from then onwards also contained no new
messages. Everything new seems to have been deleted. I didn't have much
time to investigate the problem there and then.

I can provide info from my log files if needed.

--
Paul Grayson - paul.grayson@xxxxxxxxxx

Squawk! Pieces of Nine! Squawk! Pieces of Nine!
SYSTEM HALTED - PARROTTY ERROR.