Re: [leafnode-list] Error Message

Mike Castle wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 09:23:44AM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > Jeff Grossman wrote:
> >
> > > I am starting to get the following error a lot more than usual lately.  I
> > > am running Leafnode 1.9.14 on Redhat 6.2.
> > >
> > > realloc(373292956) failed: reading line
> >
> > The most likely reason is a core file in your out.going. In principle,
> > this can always happen if you try to read a binary file with getaline().
>
> I'm beginning to wonder if this is a glibc problem.

What kind of system are you using? I am running 1.9.14 on a glibc-2.1.2
based Linux system (SuSE 6.3), and I never encountered this problem.
What is your output of

nm /lib/libc.so.6 | head

? AFAIK this is the only way of finding out about the glibc version;
in my case, the relevant information looks like this:

00000000 A GLIBC_2.0
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.1
00000000 A GLIBC_2.1.2

If this turns out to be a problem with a glibc version, I expect a lot
of fun in the near future *sigh* .

BTW, is it possible to get a filename from a FILE descriptor?

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */