Re: [leafnode-list] Error Message

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 08:58:32AM -0500, Mike Castle wrote:
> What I suspect is a strange interaction with glibc either returning a short
> read for some reason (though it looks like the "len < size - 1" part of
> getaline() is trying to handle that), or returning multiple lines with the
> call the fgets() for some odd reason.  Though... I wonder if it's returning
> a zero length string.... hmmmmm....

With the following code in getaline():

        size += size+100;
        fprintf(stderr, "getaline:size=%ld\n\tlen=%ld\n\tstring=%s\n",
                        (long)size,
                        (long)len, buf);

I get the following output.   The last few lines happen rather close
together.  It really seems like the socket is not blocking.

Time to head to work.   Look at this more later.

getaline:size=2748
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=5596
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=11292
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=22684
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=45468
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=91036
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=182172
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=364444
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=728988
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=1458076
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=2916252
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=5832604
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=11665308
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=23330716
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=46661532
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=93323164
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=186646428
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=373292956
        len=0
        string=
getaline:size=746586012
        len=0
        string=
realloc(746586012) failed: reading line

--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all