Re: [leafnode-list] Error Message

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 09:23:44AM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Jeff Grossman wrote:
>
> > I am starting to get the following error a lot more than usual lately.  I am
> > running Leafnode 1.9.14 on Redhat 6.2.
> >
> > realloc(373292956) failed: reading line
>
> The most likely reason is a core file in your out.going. In principle,
> this can always happen if you try to read a binary file with getaline().

I'm beginning to wonder if this is a glibc problem.

It was happening during the phase of downloading news.  And with the
fprintf() statement I added to getaline(), you could see the buffer grow in
that rather odd fashion.   I'm fairly confident it was NOT downloading a
binary file; not a binary with a line more than 3M in length (I don't think
the post was that large!).

What I suspect is a strange interaction with glibc either returning a short
read for some reason (though it looks like the "len < size - 1" part of
getaline() is trying to handle that), or returning multiple lines with the
call the fgets() for some odd reason.  Though... I wonder if it's returning
a zero length string.... hmmmmm....

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all