From: Mike Castle [mailto:dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2000 2:42 PM
To: Jeff Grossman
Subject: Re: [leafnode-list] Error Message

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 01:45:36PM -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> realloc(373292956) failed: reading line

I just posted a comment about this to leafnode a couple of days ago.  For
now, in miscutil.c, in the function getaline(), there is a line of code
that reads:

    size += size+100;

Change that to:

    size += 100;

It doesn't really solve the issue, but it will allow you to run longer
between crashes.  I was hoping for a reply by now on my original post,
before I start looking into the problem a bit more.  But I may try to
attack it tonight.

I suspect the bug occurs more often when hitting groups with LARGE messages
(ie, binary groups).

mrc
--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  and be right all the time, or not work at all