Re: [leafnode-list] Fwd: Re: leafnode & header fetches

> There is a thread on uk.comp.os.linux that I've been following, but
> don't know the full answer to. Anyone here care to comment?
>
> Original post:
>
> > Subject: leafnode & header fetches
> > From: Michael Rozdoba <kcz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux

[...]

> > I need to be able to set some subscriptions to header only, so that if a
> > client box wants a particular body, it will ask the server box for this,
> > which will then, /& only then/, fetch the body for me from the remote
> > server.
> >
> > Is this possible with leafnode or any alternative news server?

This may be possible with "noffle" (see
	http://home.t-online.de/home/markus.enzenberger/noffle.html )

With Leafnode, it is not possible. It *may* be possible in 2.0., although
I must confess that delaying bodies is not exactly my highest priority.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */