[leafnode-list] names of the articles in /var/spool/news/

Hi,

does anybody know how leafnode will call articles if there are more
than 10.000 in one directory? Will leafnode start to overwrite or is
there no limit for the number of articles in one directory?

I'd like to know this because I have a cron-job
zip -u [a .zip-file] /var/spool/news/[..]/*. If leafnode is going to
use the same names for articles again, this cron-job will overwrite the
older article in the zip-file.

Thank you.

unknown
--