Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.18ma1 available

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Also ... in this `leafnode-1.9.18ma1' version, the `pcre' subdirectory
> > is missing from the tarball.  I copied the `pcre' directory from the
> > corresponding `leafnode-1.9.18' version (i.e., the non-"ma" version),
> > but the Makefile in the "ma" version doesn't like the structure of the
> > non-"ma" `pcre' directory.
>
> I haven't yet looked into this.

Well, I downloaded your latest `ma2+pcre' version, and I built and
installed it with no problem.  The version of `pcre' you included with
it works fine.  Therefore, I would say that it's probably not worth
looking into the problem with the earlier version.

Note to those who want to try this version: be sure to read the
PCRE_README file in the top-level build directory before doing
anything else.  You need to build and install pcre per the
instructions in this file before starting to configure or build this
version of leafnode.

> > And finally, the "ma" version's Makefile has gmake dependencies.
>
> Fixed in 1.9.18-ma2. That version also fixes the bash-isms in configure
> and some syslog format conflicts (i. e. %d for long is fixed to %ld)
> that SuSE Linux does not warn of.

Yes ... this is all fixed in the version I just built, and all the
problems I reported earlier are gone.

Good job!

--
 Lloyd Zusman