Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.18ma1 available

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> Lloyd Zusman was asking for the URL of the leafnode ma versions.
> You can find them at
> 	http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/leafnode/testing/

I downloaded that version, but I'd like to report that the "configure"
script doesn't work under FreeBSD.  The standard "sh" within FreeBSD
(and probably other Unixes) doesn't understand this construct that
first appears in line 2600 of the generated configure file, and in
other places, as well:

  if test "${withval:0:1}" != "/" ; then
    { echo "configure: error: you must give an absolute path" 1>&2; exit 1; }
  fi

The ":0:1" tags are not standard variable evaluation options.  I
recommend that this be replaced with a different construct, perhaps
using "case"; something like this:

  case "${withval-}" in
  /*)
    ;;
  *)
    { echo "configure: error: you must give an absolute path" 1>&2; exit 1; }
    ;;
  esac

I'll patch `configure.in' and `configure' in this manner (or in
whatever similar manner that ends up working), and I'll post the
patches here in a few minutes.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx