Re: [leafnode-list] Demon News Servers

"Carl Inglis" <uther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Fetchnews using NEWNEWS would be the proper solution.
>
> Is that feature available? v2 maybe? <g>

Please check if your Demon news server supports that, the INN
installation suggests that NEWNEWS be disabled since it draws tremendous
amounts of I/O and CPU resources, so NEWNEWS might be a clean solution
that is however not really widely supported.

Try, after telnetting to the server:

NEWNEWS some.news.group 001129 120000

(group, then date, then time, in yymmdd and hhmmss format respectively)