Re: [leafnode-list] Riddle

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> and -W is described in front of -Wall . Or is it my version of gcc
> (egcs-2.91.66) ?

I don't recall if egcs-1.1.2 handled that differently, I'm using 2.95.2
(which, is already 16 months old, released in late July 1997, FreeBSD 4
comes with it, recent Linux distributions as well).

On gcc 2.95.2, there is an explicit -W option below that, the info file
goes like this:

  `-W'
     Print extra warning messages for these events:

        * A nonvolatile automatic variable might be changed by a call to
          `longjmp'.  These warnings as well are possible only in
          optimizing compilation.
[...]
        * An unsigned value is compared against zero with `<' or `<='.
[...]
        * If `-Wall' or `-Wunused' is also specified, warn about unused
          arguments.
[...]