Re: [leafnode-list] Riddle

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 05:12:15PM +0100, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
>> The following piece of code from texpire.c (around line 448) segfaults
>> in the sprintf line:
[...]
> That is the reason I wrote the code like it is in 2.0b5...

Nevertheless, dogroup() contains some flaws:

Around texpire.c:410 the articles[current] index may run out of
allocated memory.

stat() is called twice on each file.

When savethread() is called, only a few articles are already marked
as to-be-killed and considered for saving.

savethread() itself ignores the last reference and will rescue each
to-be killed article if refs contains adjacent spaces.

With these issues fixed, texpire becomes painfully slow.
I've made other changes to accelerate texpire, by keeping more
information in memory.

Stefan