Re: [leafnode-list] ANNOUNCE: leafnode-2.0b5_ma6

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 12:28:37PM +0100 Matthias Andree wrote:

Hi,

Best thing first, 2.0b5_ma7 is working now.

I did several things and so cannot say for sure why it did not work.
I upgraded my libc and its development libraries.

But what I think did cause the error was something else.

Doing 'make install' of the new version I got following error:

|test -f /var/spool/news/leaf.node/local.groups || \
|        echo -n >/var/spool/news/leaf.node/local.groups
|cannot create /var/spool/news/leaf.node/local.groups: is a directory
|make: *** [install] Fehler 2

After deleting it and doing another 'make install' everything seems to work
fine, again.

Thanks for your patience!

Stefan

--
  friendly greetings from Chelmsford/Britain

Playing now: Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be