Re: [leafnode-list] Call for IPv6 testers.

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 07:00:15PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

>  Connect from ::ffff:127.0.0.1

That's the IPv6 way of writing the IPv4 localhost.

>  Connect from 7de1:540:8c9c:540:f206:0:bc9f:540

> I'm not sure about the last two. Please comment if that look
> right. Particularly the last one looks pretty proken. Has my libc rolled

The last one looks like a plausible, though unroutable IPv6 address.

> What should a reasonable PRIVATE IPv6 address look like (IPv6 complement
> to 192.168.0.1, e. g.)?

There's link-local addresses autoconfigured (they tend to be fe80::MAC
addr for ethernet adaptors) if you only needs to operate over a single
physical network segment.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/