Re: [leafnode-list] Newbie Question

Matthias Andree wrote:

> In my test installs, I did not use a filter file, and in the debug
> output I saw leafnode sending XHDR, and it took my INN quite some time
> collecting those 100 header lines. It seems INN could be optimized here
> and return back XHDR immediately if the requested field is present in
> its XOVER.

Do I understand this correctly: does INN always retrieve XHDR requests
from the article files? Even Leafnode is more optimized :-)

In that case, it might indeed be more clever to add a usexhdr (or
avoidxover) option to each server. I haven't looked at the latest
2.0bma yet, but from your announcement I understand that you have
done this already.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx */