[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] ANNOUNCE: leafnode-2.0b5_ma3
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I spent over a day hacking away on 2.0b5_ma2, fixing bad concepts
(syslog, mostly), developing workarounds and abstractions and again
fiddling around. Note the security bugfixes in rnews. I cannot test the
fixed rnews, don't use UUCP for news; please comment.
- - Now has a new configuration file switch named avoidxover, if that is
non-zero, then prefer XHDR over XOVER (only possible if not delaying
bodies and not filtering).
- - Reintroduce XOVER, make preferring XOVER over XHDR the default. INN is
DEAD slow on XHDR, and INN is in widespread use.
- - No longer uses syslog directly (avoids excess printf statements), but
has a all-in-one-log-to-syslog-and-console function. system
dependencies encapsulated in separate file.
- - miscutil.c: bugfix, drops root privileges BEFORE making
directories. Now makes all needed directories. (Removed from Makefile).
- - Bugfixes with unsigned long wrapping in fetchnews.c, which would then
fetch the world on the second invokation. Also recognizes "no new
news" again. Fixes to off-by-one errors.
- - SECURITY bugfixes in rnews.c. (was vulnerable against all kinds of
/tmp races, now uses mkstemp).
- - Add some missing strerror(errno) to logging.
Maintainer only: Now uses gperf to speed up parsing, currently only for
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5 and Gnu Privacy Guard <http://www.gnupg.org/>
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list