[leafnode-list] Autoconf book

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Mark Brown wrote:
> The problems you raised weren't problems created by using make rather
> than autoconf, they were problems created by bugs in the Makefile.  My
> experience has been that while autoconf is great for people who
> understand it works it can be a very unapproachable tool otherwise and
> the Makefiles it produces are sometimes not a model of readability.

A book has recently been published about autoconf/automake which may
go some way to fixing the unapproachability problems it maight have.

I say "may" because I haven't actually read the book. As well as dead
trees it's available at:

http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/book1.html

--
***** Phil Hunt *****
"An unforseen issue has arisen with your computer. Don't worry your silly