Re: [leafnode-list] Multiple Newsservers Collision

Alex Doengi <doengi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> However, most of the groups I'm reading overlap on both servers and
> leafnode gets new articles from both and - even worse - posts new
> articles to both newsfeeds.

Leafnode assigns a unique message-ID to each outgoing article, so
posting to multiple upstream servers cannot lead to duplicates. (If
one of your upstreams rewrites the message-ID, you'd be better not
using it at all.)

> Is there a workaround for this - maybe thru the filter file ???

If you execute "fetchnews -Pl" first, most of your messages will be
posted only to the "primary" upstream server. A bullet-proof solution
does not exist.

Stefan