Re: [leafnode-list] writeactive() not updating mtime?

Stefan Wiens <s.wi@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > The lockfile handling is hosed and needs to be fixed in the first
> > place. Don't fix the triggers, fix the problem.
>
> Joerg's suggestion eliminates a problem which otherwise would
> unnecessarily complicate locking.

Locking itself needs to be fail-safe before you start to play around in
the vicinity of locks. If Jörg's suggestion is useful, not introducing
new bugs and not concealing old ones, then why not take it?

> I suggest fetchnews should re-obtain the lock while doing fixxover().

What's the point of that? Is unlock/relock what you want?