Re: [leafnode-list] writeactive() not updating mtime?

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Neither mtime (checked by rereadactive()) nor atime, not even the
> ctime is changed. rereadactive() doesn't do what it should do and
> the leafnode child continues storing the article and hence writes
> an outdated groupinfo back to disc.
>
> This behaviour is reproducible.

Maybe fsync() should be done in appropiate places.

Trying to reproduce what you reported (with mount -o sync), I noticed
that fetchnews' lockfile is removed when when the original process
finishes. The forked fetchnews process does writeactive() whithout a
lockfile.

So the forked leafnode process inserted the article into the spool
while fetchnews was running. In that case, the locally posted article
got thrown out of the groupinfo file.

Stefan