Re: URGENT: DON'T USE 2.0B3 - SECURITY ISSUES! (was: [leafnode-list]

Richard Dawe <richdawe@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Please give us users more credit! I switched from NewsCache to
> leafnode, because NewsCache crashed all the time. I tried to debug it;
> I sent bug reports to the mailing list, etc., but to no
> avail. leafnode has so far been a pleasure to use (thanks!).

If you're trying to debug it, you're no longer a mere user in my
opinion.

I'm looking at Usenet groups such as de.comm.software.newsserver, for
instance, to get some ideas of what a normal user can do and what it
cannot do.

The statement you refer to was not meant as personal offense, it was
just a summary of my experience.

The saying goes "Ausnahmen bestätigen die Regel". (exceptions prove the
rule).