Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

Matthias Andree wrote:

[MTA for delivering articles to local moderated groups]

> I'd like to have a closer look at how you invoke the MTA so as to
> prevent shell metacharacter abuse.

Joerg wrote a patch. I think these are the essential lines:

+                   sprintf( cmd, "%s \"%s\"", mta, p );
+                   fio = popen( cmd, "w" );
+                   f = fopen( outname, "r" );
+                   if ( fio == NULL || f == NULL ) {
+                       syslog (LOG_ERR, "Can't open MTA or outfile %m" );
+                       _exit( 1 );
+                   }
+                   fprintf( fio, "To: %s\n", p );
+                   debug = 0;
+                   while ( (l = getaline( f )) )
+                       fprintf( fio, "%s\n", l );
+                   debug = debugmode;
+                   fprintf( fio, ".\n" );
+                   fclose( f );
+                   status = pclose( fio );
+                   if ( status )
+                       syslog( LOG_ERR, "MTA exited with error %d" , status );

It has not been incorporated into 2.0b3 - please have some patience,
I have to do a few other things as well :-)

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */