Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 07:22:00PM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> > Leafnode-2.0b1 contains at least the following bugs:
> > - fetchnews sometimes coredumps on fixxover() (reported by Joerg
> >   Dietrich).
>
> And here's the patch to fix it. It should obvious what was wrong.
> But I think this bug just showed up because of a much deeper
> problem:
>
> >From getxover():
>
> 	    if ( overview ) {
>                 i = findxover(art);
>                 if ( i >= 0 ) {
>                     xoverinfo[i].exists = 1;
>                     continue;
>                 }
>             }
>
> Here findxover() is called before the xoverinfo array is sorted.

I am not sure whether I am missing something, but IMO this code is
correct.

In getxover(), one of the first things is to read the overview file
(which is already sorted) into memory and parse it (i.e. a sorted
xoverinfo array is created). Then, these data are compared with the
files on disk, in case some files have been added after construction
of the .overview file. In that part occurs the code snippet quoted
by Joerg. The directory is read, and for each directory entry the
code above tests whether it already exists in the xoverinfo array.
In that case, the "exists"-flag is set to 1.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */