Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I haven't yet looked where timeouts are handled, but I can surely
> provide a solution that's based on select.  It will be more
> portable, nicer, but require to rework leafnode to use UNIX-level
> I/O, not ANSI-level I/O.  ...

I only barely looked at select() some years in the past, but I dimly
recall complaints that the arguments and semantics of select() varied
from UNIX to UNIX.  Have the variants been unified so that select() is
portable now?

Are there any systems that leafnode is supposed to work on that might
have ANSI C I/O but not select()?

> It may later allow to use fast I/O

I had the impression that stdio was designed to be efficient in how it
buffers.  I gather I'm being naive?

--
Tim McDaniel is tmcd@xxxxxxxx; if that fail,
    tmcd@xxxxxxxxxx is my work account.