Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 04:20:09PM +0200, Cornelius Krasel wrote:
> Joerg Dietrich wrote:
> > The moderator addresses of "outside" moderated groups
> > cannot be determined automatically
> I think it can :-) Every moderated newsgroup should have an email
> address like (if I recall it correctly)
> 	news-group-name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know.

> Dependent on the top-level hierarchy, there may be other addresses

And exactly here starts the problem. %s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
doesn't work for a number of russian hierarchies.
Do you want leafnode users to find this
out for the various top level hierarchies they my find on their
servers? Do want them to monitor all the announce groups in case
it might change? AFAIK isc.org has not always been the catch all
forwarder. Who knows what happens in some obscure small
hierarchies?

> > Instead, postings to non-local moderated groups should be sent to one
> > (and only one) upstream server.
> That would obviously be an alternative option.

And by far the better if you want to keep (or make) leafnode
maintenance free, if you ask me.

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
Hi!  I'm Larry.  This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother