Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 03:37:44PM +0200, Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> The behaviour is already changed. leafnode-2.x stores all localy
> posted articles directly in the spool (as any other newsserver does)
> instead of refetching them from the upstream server(s). This is a

For non-moderated groups that's reasonable enough.

> consequence of the way local groups are implemented. As a result
> of this, articles to moderated groups are also stored immediately
> in the spool without checking for an Approved: header. I added

Not only does this break with rejected submissions, it also breaks if
the moderator modifies any part of the message.  If the message id is
changed it's not so serious since all that happens is duplication, but
if the moderator does things like respond to postings in line while
approving them (this does happen) and doesn't change the message ID then
it will cause more serious problems.

--
Mark Brown  mailto:broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   (Trying to avoid grumpiness)
            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/