Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:46:49PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 01:32:22PM +0200, Joerg Dietrich wrote:
> > Also, I don't think the way moderated newsgroups are handled
> > currently is okay. Leafnode is simply violating RFCs and this
>
> Do you want to have things change with regard to the behaviour of
> version 1?

The behaviour is already changed. leafnode-2.x stores all localy
posted articles directly in the spool (as any other newsserver does)
instead of refetching them from the upstream server(s). This is a
consequence of the way local groups are implemented. As a result
of this, articles to moderated groups are also stored immediately
in the spool without checking for an Approved: header. I added
these checks to the relevant funtions when I implemented support
for local moderated groups. But that also didn't make it into
2.0bx, for one or the other reason. Won't keep me from sending a
patch to achieve this to Cornelius, again :-) But don't hold your
breath...

Regards,
	Jo:rg

--
Fortune cookie of the day:
Hi!  I'm Larry.  This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother