Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> /fetchnews.c:1422: warning: variable `msgid' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or `vfork'
>
> I have no idea how to fix this. It also occurs under Linux.

It's a GLOBAL variable (miscutil.c), that's why it breaks.

Also note you don't really want longjmp:

       longjmp()  and  siglongjmp()  make programs hard to under­
       stand and maintain.  If possible an alternative should  be
       used.

Please note that 1.9.17ma3 does not throw ANY warnings (SuSE Linux 6.4)
apart from "unused parameter" with 'make CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes"' - not even the strftime
warning about the year.

Please consider taking over the fixes into 2.0b -- particularly, the
signedness issues the can cause problems are gone.