Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

Matthias Andree wrote:
> krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
> > Be patient because running fetchnews from inside gdb makes it slower
> > (that's because the debugger has to trace the code).
>
> Is it? Never noticed such things when running gdb on fetch_mail_.

Well, that's at least my personal experience, which may also result
from the additional memory consumed by gdb or whatever. The difference
is (on my 400 MHz Celeron, 64 MB RAM) not too big, but noticeable.
I have no idea what the "typical" machine is that leafnode is being
run on; therefore I thought to warn people ahead, in case they try
this with a 486 DX 33 or something similar.

--Cornelius.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  SP4 */