Re: [leafnode-list] [ANNOUNCE] First Leafnode-2.0 beta version

krasel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cornelius Krasel) writes:

> Thanks to your 1.9.17 patch, leafnode-2.0b1 uses GNU getline() if
> available.  If not, it falls back to the getaline() function of 1.9.17
> which in my hands seemed to work quite reliably.

"quite", but not "entirely". 1.9.17 getaline() can fail.

I will make some benchmarks of my getc()-based getline replacement, and
then see if that's suitable or if it's too slow.

I'm wondering why leafnode, that is made as a UNIX tool, uses ANSI
stream I/O in the first place rather than UNIX-level I/O.

I'd like to change that, but doing so is a major work and I cannot start
that project before Nov. 2nd.