Re: [leafnode-list] How often should I run texpire?

Larry Fletcher <ay903@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Running a Texpire cron job is okay as long as it doesn't run at the
> same time as Fetch.  If it does it can corrupt the news spool.

The locking mechanism should normally prevent texpire and fetchnews
from running simultaneously.

Have you actually seen that?

I've found syslog entries from fetchnews, saying it aborted because of
an existing lockfile, and I think texpire was running at that time.

Stefan