Re: [leafnode-list] How often should I run texpire?

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:27:30PM +0100, David Marsh at home (drmarsh@bigf=
oot.com) wrote:

> However, it appears that there is a downside to running texpire: although
> long-dead threads are (presumably) deleted and gone for good, many *old* =
and
> read/skipped articles in long-lasting threads come back into view again=
=20
> in slrn after I run texpire!

I would suspect a newsfeed problem with your ISP or Usenet provider
rather than leafnode.

Earthlink, my ISP, has had a run of extremely poor newsfeed service over
the past couple of months, with groups appearing and disappearing, and
articles being renumbered.  This makes for some very extensive download
sessions.

--=20
Karsten M. Self <kmself@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>     http://www.netcom.com/~kmself

--hYooF8G/hrfVAmum