Re: [leafnode-list] allow / deny certain groups

Michael Bohl Jenner <mj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to restrict the groups that will be downloaded ?

I do this by running fetchnews from a shell script.  It's on
my work machine, but if you like I can post it on Monday.

Basic operation:

    rm /var/spool/news/interesting-groups/*
    for i in comp.lang.tcl comp.lang.perl ...;do
        touch /var/spool/news/interesting-groups/$i
    done
    fetchnews $*

Mark

--
Mark Harrison                          AsiaInfo Holdings, Inc.
markh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                Beijing/Santa Clara